Welcome to the Veronicaisms WikiEdit
Any of the best Veronica-isms that keep the day moving. Also another way to look at it are lifestyle skills that will better outselves.
List those great quotes that will make finals run smootherEdit
- "It's like eating broccoli. You finish your broccoli before you have dessert." [unnamed student mumbles under breath, "But what if I actually like broccoli?"] 11/20/13, Master's Seminar
- "I always serve exactly three courses when you come to my house"
- "I am currently looking for a THIRD writing partner"
- "We spend 45 minutes on me, and then 45 minutes on her"
- "As someone who also has experienced harassment, I know that this is based on being a female. HAHA" (we all awkwardly laugh with her)
- "Most people have 5 minutes. 2 minutes can be too short, and most people do not have 10 minutes, grab someone for 5 minutes."
- "Now we all know, Beyonce is beautiful. Beyonce in sweatpants is also beautiful. But..... Beyonce in a ballgrown is a whole other thing!" [enthusiastic smile, waiting for class response]
- "Who has written a research question before?" [blank look from class] "Ok.... Who has experience writing research questions?" [more blank looks from class] [Scott almost bursts out laughing]
- [T and V go on about their academic BFFs] "Now, do either of you [facing C and C] have similar support systems?" [C and C avoid eye contact, shrug shoulders, shake head from side to side] [class dies from laughter over C and C's unexpected responses]
- [V hands out outline from last year's student] "Now, let me just remind you -- this is NOT an exemplar. This is NOT an exemplar" [students look at each other, mortified] "It is a very good master's paper, but it is NOT an exemplar" [mortified students respond in laughter] "What is so funny? I don't get it. Sometimes what I say makes sense to me but comes off differently to students....?" [gritted teeth enthusiastic smile]
- I used to work with undergraduates, so I know all about [insert any pop culture or school topic that has literally nothing to do with being an undergraduate]
- [insert Master's paper example about peanut butter and/or jelly]
- "This is just a mini-paper... your first, mini-statement as a researcher." [said to decrease anxiety, but in reality making us feel completely inconsequential]
- "I love my jokes. They're not funny. That's why I love them!"
- "These people argue that peanut butter jelly sandwiches are the best lunches for all elementary school children … and this is a silly example"
- "Citation, citation, citation"
- Nancyism/ Sassy - "The principle is like a leprechaun"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.